Thursday, February 23, 2012

Todd Sylvester: True foundation

I was playing blocks recently with my three year old. He loves to build tall towers and knock them down (it’s great to be a boy!). But he was getting frustrated because his towers were not getting very high before they would fall down. He noticed quickly that MY towers were much taller. Finally he said, “You build the bottom and I’ll make them high.”
    
I smiled as I formed the foundations of each tower knowing that he asked for exactly what I want to do for his LIFE. As his father, I am called to build the foundation. Some of his tower designs were very different from what I would build- crazy shapes and colors- sometimes a bit unstable- but the foundations were solid.
    
As long as my children are built on Christ and His Church, then wherever God may lead them in the full spectrum of life, I need not fear that they will ever be lost, because their FOUNDATION is true.  1Cor. 3:11




About Todd Sylvester
Todd Sylvester has worked in Church Ministry for almost 20 years. His love for Christ in the Eucharist is evident as he strives to lead his wife and ten children to the heavenly banquet. Todd is a writer, singer/songwriter, radio show host, teacher, and above all else, Lover of God. His child-like perspective is not only poignant, but helps reveal the reality of God in our everyday living.

No comments: