Monday, February 6, 2012

Todd Sylvester: Introduction

While at the March for Life this year I was blessed to see an old friend, Sister Agnus Dei, from the Sisters of Life in New York. We briefly see each other during this sad, but necessary gathering of the faithful each January. We quickly caught up and I shared the latest family photo. She then turned to another sister and introduced me.  “Sister, this is Todd Sylvester, HE’S FOR REAL.”

I kind of chuckled at the introduction. As the father of a large family, that is often the way I am introduced, or that I am a Youth Minister, or from Alabama, or that I love pizza- there were thousands of things that could have been said in that introduction- and I was so honored and humbled by those simple words.
   
How do people introduce you? How do they succinctly sum up who you are? Then most importantly, how does God introduce you?
   
Let us live up to the reality that we are God’s children and that’s FOR REAL.




About Todd Sylvester
Todd Sylvester has worked in Church Ministry for almost 20 years. His love for Christ in the Eucharist is evident as he strives to lead his wife and ten children to the heavenly banquet. Todd is a writer, singer/songwriter, radio show host, teacher, and above all else, Lover of God. His child-like perspective is not only poignant, but helps reveal the reality of God in our everyday living.

No comments: